IBM

www.ibm.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Pros and cons to working there- overall a good company to work for

I worked at IBM

Pros

Salary was good, colleagues some great some less great...to say the least. I really met some great people there!!! Best you can get. But some were not orthodox at all (watch your back carefully)...I'd better leave it here. Don't want to talk about that.

Cons

The building on Steels is huge..it takes a lot of time to go to the toilet or to have a smoke. You feel like Alice in Wonderland...meaning, you can at times feel lost and alien in that building. Not a friendly building. After IBM I worked in a much smaller company and it was a huge difference in environment, much more friendly, better team work, more flexibility and most of all, you felt you are important for the team, initiative and creativity were welcomed. At IBM I did not have this satisfaction, you only do a small part and don't get to see the big picture. Having said all these, I do not regret working at IBM at all and am grateful for that experience. But would not prefer a huge company like this (big company is still ok, but IBM is huge)...if I have the choice...Working at IBM I learned that I can be much happier in a smaller company. Some might love working in huge companies, but not me.

They know their business anyway, they are on top. Still, people are great assets in any company...

13182 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Good as starting position, bad if you don't want to continue to management position

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Bratislava (Slovakia)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Bratislava (Slovakia)

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- good for graduates to get experience
    - good technical resources/knowledge
    - usually quick moves to different roles
    - leaders/management usually promoted to senior roles

Cons

- lack of support for professionals, you are expected to move to management position, if you are good in your professional area
    - generally lower salary vs competition for the same job
    - general move to internally outsource the jobs w/ decreasing quality of work (there seem to be no internal metrics for that)

Decide if you want to attract professional talent and pay for it, or keep just keep IBM as company of and for leaders.

Changing and not for the customers

Current Employee - Channels
    Current Employee - Channels

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good Benefits and middle management gets it

Cons

Being ran by Bean counters

There are newer employer reviews for IBM