IBM

www.ibm.com

Pros and cons to working there- overall a good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSalary was good, colleagues some great some less great...to say the least. I really met some great people there!!! Best you can get. But some were not orthodox at all (watch your back carefully)...I'd better leave it here. Don't want to talk about that.

ConsThe building on Steels is huge..it takes a lot of time to go to the toilet or to have a smoke. You feel like Alice in Wonderland...meaning, you can at times feel lost and alien in that building. Not a friendly building. After IBM I worked in a much smaller company and it was a huge difference in environment, much more friendly, better team work, more flexibility and most of all, you felt you are important for the team, initiative and creativity were welcomed. At IBM I did not have this satisfaction, you only do a small part and don't get to see the big picture. Having said all these, I do not regret working at IBM at all and am grateful for that experience. But would not prefer a huge company like this (big company is still ok, but IBM is huge)...if I have the choice...Working at IBM I learned that I can be much happier in a smaller company. Some might love working in huge companies, but not me.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey know their business anyway, they are on top. Still, people are great assets in any company...

Good as starting position, bad if you don't want to continue to management position

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Bratislava (Slovakia)

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - good for graduates to get experience - good technical resources/knowledge - usually… Cons: - lack of support for professionals, you are expected to move to management position, if you are good in your professional area - generally lower salary… Advice to Senior Management: Decide if you want to attract professional talent and pay for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Changing and not for the customers

Channels (Current Employee)

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good Benefits and middle management gets it Cons: Being ran by Bean counters Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!