IBM

www.ibm.com

11980 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great company

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

The work environment is supportive, people from all over the globe are always willing to help with any problems you might have. Hours are flexible, at least in my department, and management listens and adjusts to employee input

Cons

no freebees like at other companies like google and microsoft, we pay for the vending machines and cafeteria here

none

Other reviews for IBM

IBM is a company you can be proud to work for, where advancement is based on merit, hard work, and passion

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

Your colleagues will challenge you professionally, your goals will be set for your ability to achieve them, and there are endless possibilities for the motivated to advance their careers. This is a company that cares deeply for the world it operates in, and seeks to make a profound difference in the lives of it's employees and the world we live in.

Cons

We work really really hard. If you appreciate the challenge and opportunity to build and own something, this is for you. If you prefer to coast, you'll slide right off the cliff here.

Invest heavily in your 30-45 year old high achievers to ensure we stay and build our careers with you, we can easily make more money elsewhere.

Quarter of a century at Big Blue

Former Employee - Program Director  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Program Director in San Jose, CA

Pros

You get a vast number of opportunities and choices regarding the type of work that you do. You also are part of a truly global family, which is a privilege and a huge learning opportunity.

Cons

Because of its size, it is a little bit like "working for the post office". You are often so separated from the end-result of your efforts that you often have to search for the meaning of your day-to-day activities.

Stop spinning wheels and concentrate on business-driven activities. An overhaul of the top tiers of executives would be a very healthy thing.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!