IBM
3.2 of 5 10,153 reviews
www.ibm.com Armonk, NY 5000+ Employees

Relaxed but not so productive

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at IBM full-time for less than a year

ProsThis review is for IBM Canada. Workplace is very laid back. People come in at 8:30 in the morning and leave around 4:30 in the afternoon, and even earlier if the boss leaves early. Everyone has his/her own little office and there is very little supervision as long as one finishes his/her assigned tasks on time.

ConsNot a highly intellectual environment. The work itself was bland and there was no strong motivation to really work hard and achieve something. Communication between coworkers was limited, as people tend to stay in their own offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees reasons to be proud of what they are making so they want to make a difference.

The acceptable average

Logistics Specialist (Current Employee)
Vác (Hungary)

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - respectable brand company, shows good in your CV - offers well defended job, if you won't do… Cons: - big company, big crassitude - rigid problemsolving - low-average salary - no… Advice to Senior Management: motivate your employees! create lame excuses ( for exp.:your salary is higher than the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of potential for experience

I have been working at IBM full-time

Pros: range of jobs, lots of technical challenge, very knowledgeable people Cons: spending constraints, too much process, too much hierarchy More

There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IBM CEO Virginia Rometty. All reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees.