IBM

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Okay Experience

Former Intern - Co-Op in Tucson, AZ
Former Intern - Co-Op in Tucson, AZ

I worked at IBM as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Really relaxed work environment
Nice people

Cons

Job was not challenging which made it boring

13182 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Flexible workplace but not the greatest pay or hours.

Current Employee - Advisory Hardware Engineer in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Current Employee - Advisory Hardware Engineer in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pretty flexible work times, except if you have to work with ibmers overseas you have to use your personal hours, dinner/breakfast time to be on calls with different time zones. No personal time available anymore. Work comes in waves. When it's busy it's really stressful. We are finally starting to hire some new hires and new blood into the company. Still pretty top heavy and hard to move up.

Cons

It seems like our budget for anything is smaller and smaller every year when we are reporting record profits. Healthcare benefits aren't great. A lot of out of pocket costs. They are outsourcing a lot.

Our management upto 3rd line is doing the best they can.

Mediocre work experience, with a few individual staff member exceptions, overall poor morale and internal culture.

Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company offers wide variety of opportunities for different roles, career paths - IF you can get support of your manager.

Cons

Very few opportunities to build interpersonal and team relationship(s) with colleagues and coworkers as most are work from home. Spend lots of time on conference calls with cast of dozens or more. Very slow movement on projects due to "too many cooks," political wrangling and landscape. Difficult to build trust, as many are individual contributors focus on impressing management and rather than focusing on projects that help move the organization forward.

Spend TOO much time on internal status updates - which seem to have little impact on results - internal reporting requires extreme amounts of bandwidth for staff members that could be better utilized on other projects. Spend too much time "weighing the pig than actually working to feed the pig."

There are newer employer reviews for IBM