IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Welcome to our future, population: everyone

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Forward looking firm, plenty of opportunities for advancement, solid company history. Hard not to be excited working for an industry leader in many

Cons

Extremely large corporation, easy to get lost in the shuffle. Hard to keep up with all of the transitional elements.

Keep listening to employees on the direction and vision for the future. Don't ignore what acquisitions were working towards.

12359 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Can't complain

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

opportunity to learn and grow; Good money; Great culture in the team and the department. I learned a lot while working there. Will miss the company.

Cons

Can't think of anything that is bad. Maybe more fun activities needed after work, such as PIng pong table, etc

If you are motivated and have an ability to quickly acquire new skills, you will succeed - if you can survive the travel

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had the opportunity to work on international projects, traveling to multiple locations around the world. My level of responsibility grew as I proved my ability to successfully deliver results. I gained experience managing teams and being responsible for project profitability. Co-workers generally intelligent and friendly.

Cons

Travel is constant for GBS, so it can be difficult, especially with a family. Sometimes you have to take projects that are not ideal/interesting because of the need for very high utilization (time billable to client).

Make it easier to take projects in different sectors - could improve overall utilization and help bring new ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM