IBM

www.ibm.com

11973 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great Company....when ur 40+

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

Pros

Great Health insurance benefits. When I was there I was fully covered under a PPO plan without paying a dime from my pocket.

Cons

Low Salary
Really only doing IBM related product work. As a technical guy I did not like the fact that we were always looking to use IBM products/solutions for customers instead of what is best product/solution for the customers needs. Did not like the 44 hour minimum work week.

Don't be all about selling IBM software and hardware. Do REAL consulting

Other reviews for IBM

Offices are old and dark. People lack social ability.

Current Employee - Abstain  in  Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Abstain in Burlington, VT

Pros

IBM continued existence in Burlington.

Cons

The lack of social ability and understand of world matters continues to baffle the mind of lifelong engineers.

Actively trying to outsource all engineering talent overseas

Former Employee - Advisory Software Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The benefits are really nice and the people who do work locally are all very bright and dedicated.

Cons

I worked for a company that was acquired by IBM. While IBM has a lot of talented people working for it, it quickly became apparent that as a highly paid engineer at IBM you are considered a liability. We were actively interviewing engineers in India and Singapore to replace us and we told to expect yearly layoffs. They delivered on that promise. To say the mood was sour is an understatement. The worst part is the quality of our products suffered greatly and eventually there will be no one in the U.S. who actually knows how the software works.

Actually try and appreciate talent in the U.S. and don't see outsourcing as a panacea that solves all of their problems.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!