IBM

www.ibm.com

Growing pains

Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsIBM seems very generous with the way it handles its employees. Between the benefits package, IBM events, community discounts, essentially unlimited sick leave, and flexible work schedule, it has made for a fantastic starting point for an IT career.

ConsIBM is implementing a new system for technical support, and it is currently going through understandable growing pains. For the most part management still seems to be trying to figure out how to best handle the new system, and many odd decisions are made that often hinder efficiency in favor of process.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to be so afraid of third party software. IBM is really good at many things, but many items in their software portfolio should be scrapped.

Software Engineer Inter

Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at IBM as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Tech giant with massive resources and really talented people. You work on products that are touched by millions in mission critical areas. For such a… Cons: It is a big company. It takes weeks to do some things that would be done in hours in a startup. I wish product… Advice to Senior Management: Every single manager I have dealt with is awesome. So… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Brand, Good Experience

Managing Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than a year

Pros: A lot of flexiblity, good training, career advancement opportunities Cons: highly bureaucratic internal processes sometimes difficult to navigate. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!