IBM

www.ibm.com

HR will never help a staff member. IBM will work you into the ground and then make you redundant

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsPay is around average but given the downturn expect IBM to use that to reduce wages for new hires.

If you are able to get into a role where you can spend time building networks and gaining new skills you can move into other areas of the business

ConsVery cost motivated which takes away from innovation, staff development and and a caring attitude to workers and customers.

HR are quoted as telling new people managers that "it is now them and us"

IBM discriminates against white heterosexual males in obtaining parental leave.

IBM EXPECTS people to work 60+ hours per week and once they have a nervous breakdown they won't provide support or compensation, instead they work towards ways to either get the person to resign or make them redundant.

IBM wont pay for tea, coffee, milk, sugar or provide cups to staff

IBM removes benefits of employment without reference to staff and when HR are asked about it they want the staff member to prove that they ever had such a benefit.

I have seen IBM inappropriately charge clients for software licences that the client should not be fully responsible for. When the fraud was reported on two occasions I was told to forget about it.

Advice to Senior Management- to HR - the H stands for Human.... don't forget it
- to operational managers, you should remember that you can be held legally liable for increasing stress and overwork....suggest you make yourselves familiar with the WHS Act 2011
- to execs stop delivering the good news and then getting your managers to hit the staff with bad news the next day.
- to all execs and managers. Look after your clients first and your staff equally as important. When you make a client happy you get increased revenue and loyalty.

Large company, depends on your position, you may have a good opportunity to learn... or not

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) Taipei (Taiwan)

I worked at IBM full-time for more than a year

Pros: thorough policy, good colleagues to learn Cons: very bureaucracy system, too many policies More

Good experience

DB2 Kernel Developer (Former Employee) Markham, ON (Canada)

I worked at IBM as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Everyone has a cube, good working environment, friendly people, real… Cons: To many people on site, average salary Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!