IBM

www.ibm.com

IBM Hardware Sales

Sales Representative (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLarge company to work for, lots of room for growth, benefits are great, and really intelligent people to work with. Great networking opportunity before moving on to the next big company to work for.

ConsSometimes there can be red tape that slows down any big company. If you are in sales, it's a demanding and tough job but the perks are great. However, stay in the sales position long enough and you could face unobtainable quotas. This is especially true if you get a bad batch of accounts to manage. Some folks are luckier than others in the cards they get dealt with. Also, if you get a hard headed boss that tries to put you on an improvement plan to get rid of you, better start finding another opportunity in another division or get out of the company! Thankfully I was saved because I had enough connections at the company to be assigned to a different group!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ding a sales executive just because the economy is down (I got laid off in 2009) and expect people to continue buying at unrealistic levels. By the time I left, my quota was up to 15 Million PER QUARTER and no one was going to buy that much hardware in a recession! Most of my other colleagues either got laid off with me at the same time or they lasted another three years and then got the axe.

Great compensation, but lots of red tape and "not in my job description" people

Web Analytics (Former Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Best compensation I've ever received. Asked for and received… Cons: Red tape. Lifers who seem to enjoy putting process and paperwork… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Breadth of resources available; Get to see International picture

Senior Managing Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than a year

Pros: Breadth of resources available; Get to see International picture Cons: Too fat at times too run fast Advice to Senior Management: become more nimble Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!