IBM

www.ibm.com

Large career mistake...

Team Leader (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAt least where I worked, job was fairly stable likely due to industry(security). I was never in fear of losing my job.

ConsNothing but lateral promotions...the concept of monetary raises for promotions does not exist at IBM...literally you will not get a raise or on the off chance you are deemed irreplaceable the most "out of band" raise I have ever seen was 6% and this was for someone very important to crucial projects.

IBM is not on the cutting edge of anything, they acquire companies who are and then pretend it's their innovation at work. They rely on people unfamiliar with the industry of these acquisitions to manage the resources/sell the products, after stripping them down to bare bones level...

Advice to Senior ManagementIBM Managers already know...every one I spoke to was very candid about how tied their hands are with any HR functions and just keep showing up to work to pay their bills. This is not a career place, it was literally eat at you from the inside until you finally realize 20 years later you have no marketable skills left.

Toxic Culture

Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Pay was decent. benefits were good. Cons: Not a growing organization so there is not a lot of potential to move up. A lot of older people who are not open… Advice to Senior Management: Probably too late to turn things around. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A learning experience

Senior IT Specialist (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: IBM brand name is well recognised in the industry. There are lots of diverse and… Cons: Utilization targets for GBS throw work-life balance in a tizzy. IBM's raises and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!