IBM

www.ibm.com

Work-life integration challenges

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong company strategy and a real chance to succeed in the market. Lots of tools and IP available. Flexible benefits. Good company culture. Global reach.

ConsComplex processes. Company is very good in squeezing the most out of its employees making work-life integration (I guess they gave up on the term "balance") a challenge. You need a strong sponsor to move up as the complex matrix structure provides potentially too many stakeholders to roles. Negotiate for the highest salary possible when you come in as good incremental increases and promotions will be difficult to come by. Many jobs being shipped overseas.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more parity between outside hires who get the incumbent employees. Better career development and compensation needed.

Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Work from home.. work/life balance Cons: salary not upto the mark More

Stagnant salaries, top-down approach to research, management without technical expertise

Research Staff Member (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are some top-quality researchers here, especially those left over from when this… Cons: More recent hires are very much focused on areas related to current management buzzwords such as smarter-this or agile-that, and tend not to be very… Advice to Senior Management: Think a little bit about what you know, and what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!