IBM

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home.. work/life balance

Cons

salary not upto the mark

12341 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Stagnant salaries, top-down approach to research, management without technical expertise

Current Employee - Research Staff Member in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Research Staff Member in New York, NY

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are some top-quality researchers here, especially those left over from when this was a world-class research organization. Working with those people can be very rewarding.

Cons

More recent hires are very much focused on areas related to current management buzzwords such as smarter-this or agile-that, and tend not to be very strong. A lot of the senior management believes it has the "vision" necessary to micro-manage the work of research staff. As a result, the people who can find other jobs bolt. What remains are the dregs. There is also huge pressure to bring in government contracts, whether or not the contracted work has technical value.

Think a little bit about what you know, and what you don't.

job and employment review

Former Employee - Operations Support Analyst
    Former Employee - Operations Support Analyst

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

was able to survive 30 yrs. and when I went there I knew I had been blessed to work for the best company in these United States.

Cons

greedy upper management, no longer can they cling on to respect for the individual. nothing is good enough, and you can work 24 / 7 and sometimes need to to survive. pay bonues on company performance are now a joke or don't exist and you can go years without a salary increase but you will get new and more job resposibilties. they continue to raise the bar and top mgmt. gets all the money and perks.

reduce stress, listen to your people, go back to rewards and awards, and stop telling a person when you hit the MID range of your salary grade you're at 100% of pay.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM