There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Sales and Sales Mgm't in Asia Pacific

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is one company who has an HR Dept who walks the talk when it comes to career change opportunities. I say this tongue in cheek but some have said IBM means "I've Been Moved". The great thing about IBM is, it is true, that is, if you want to change dept's/divisions/groups, roles, industries, locations (even far away countries) and more, it is very possible. Even what some may call as radical changes are possible, eg. if you have been at IBM for 10 years selling hardware and want to try your hand at selling software, no problem. If you have lived your entire life in Des Moines Iowa and want to live in Africa or China, no problem. If you were at IBM for just one year and want to make a change, no problem. Compensation is ok and the stability is awesome.

Cons

One big company. One needs to learn how to fit in, in such an environment. It's easy to feel like a number or cog in the wheel. But it's that wheel that makes them a success in my mind. If you're sales, you can feel like you have to spend more time selling internally than externally, but you can overcome this. Compensation can just be enough to keep one happy but not crazy happy.

Look for ways to not be so process centric and more easily uncover those with out-of-the-box and creative ideas in the field. A wise man once said that too much process can stagnate creativity.

11955 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

That was my 1st job at IBM and i was realise that i am working with a Brand name

Former Employee - Customer Care Executive in Calcutta (India)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Executive in Calcutta (India)

I worked at IBM as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The 1st reason is atmosphere is very good.. And 2nd thing is that there is a lot of opportunity

Cons

At my views IBM is the good company for me

Very good place to work

Former Employee - BDM in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Former Employee - BDM in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great learning and professional development company
    Opportunity to learn different roles in sales, tech, mrktg, etc..

Cons

it is a very good place. sometimes depending on the boss you have the experience may be different

Sometimes upper management does not really know all personnel strenghts and rely on third person assesements as to their carrer, rather than their preference and habilities.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM