There are newer employer reviews for IBM

I've been moved or at least my job has

Pros

Learn a lot. Large companies make you think on your feet

Cons

They don't treat their employees well. New 401K policy is a slap in the face

Advice to Management

Remember the little guys

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

Former Client Exe..glad I left...enjoyed and leveraging the experience gained!

Former Employee - Client Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Executive in New York, NY

I worked at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful people, breadth of opportunity to develop your skills and build a resume Decent benefits Wonderful 401k match

Cons

Too many managers not really selling but reporting-up Pay compared to competition is really low for enterprise sales Lack of focus on client success Comp plans don't really align well with what you do

Advice to Management

"Road-kill 2015" is not about the client or the employee - too bad. ELAs are purely financial transactions and a book keeping shell game...make them about driving business and IT value for customers. Better develop a true SaaS strategy and solutions as you guys are going to lose enterprise business customers fast!

2. Well Compensated Machine

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at IBM (Less than a year)

Pros

Very competative pay. Remote/WFH capabilities a definite plus. Great Intern bonus oppurtunities like lunches, tours, and dinners.

Cons

You are treated like a piece of hardware. Using your ID# you are even refered to as hardware. Very impersonal. All meetings were teleconferences so I never met 95% of the people that I worked with on a day to day basis. Outsourced employees are integrated into every level of the business process, even if the language capabilites are not 100% on par for efficint work streams.

Advice to Management

Insert some shreds of personality into the manotony of day to day work. The company went out of their way to make the experience around work more personable like adding a minigolf course, yet the overall environment still felt like I was a Business Machine.