There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Overall a very good company to be with

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Costa Mesa, CA
Former Employee - Product Specialist in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at IBM

Pros

IBM offered excellent benefits compared to others in the industry, they also do well at providing more than adequate training

Cons

Management seems to be blind that you can't continue on an exponential reduction of resources and believe that you can continue to do the same or better with less resources

Advice to Management

stop cutting muscle and build back strength to the company

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Employees mean nothing to IBM!!!!

Current Employee - SSR in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - SSR in Jackson, MS

I have been working at IBM

Pros

My opinion working at IBM is that you get to meet many different people and train on so many machines. The co-workers are great(most), manager is easy to talk to. Freedom of the job.

Cons

PAY,PAY and did I say PAY!!!! Upper management should be replaced like the CEO and immediate managers under him also. Employees use to mean something to the company but not any more! They continue to lay off people to help pad their bonuses. They want you to lie about certain things to make the numbers they need. No matter how good you are on repairing equipment or how satisfied the customers are with your work, IBM could care less. If they want to get bigger bonuses they will elt you go to achieve it.

Advice to Management

QUIT!!!!!! Senior management needs to go. They are destroying a great company!

IBM - about average, as you might expect.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at IBM

Pros

In my experience, IBM does a great job of career management. My managers have always been heavily invested advancing my career, giving me opportunities to shine in front of executives. And they've always had very frank and open discussions about my career goals and how to achieve them at the company. Another advantage is that just about any job you can conceive of exists within IBM and you can find it and position yourself to get it - if that's what you want. Finally, the company is so invested across all technology areas that you can always move to some new, exciting area if you want, or need, to.

Cons

Benefits are bare-bones and employee contributions are increasing every year. Constant "resource actions" force remaining employees to do more, with less. And in a company of 370K+ employees, it's hard to feel like your individual contribution really matters.

Advice to Management

Reach out more to employees, be more visible. And start using --- really using --- blogs to let employees know what you really think, on a regular basis.