IBM

www.ibm.com

Amazing company to work for

Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIBM has excellent processes, solid management and excellent work-life balance for employees. IBM has good focus on employees development and offers great training opportunities for employees, if they choose to take them up. As always, career development is up to you, so more work you put in, better results you will get at IBM.

ConsProcesses can mean slower response time sometimes, especially working across international boundaries. It's hard to avoid this for a large corporation, especially since each geography has its own operating company (due to legal and regulatory requirements).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus as you have on profit growth - continue to acquire high-margin / high- potential start-ups and IBM will continue to dominate the marketplace.

Professional Growth and Challenge

Architect (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Work at home with some travel Opportunities to work with various… Cons: Work groups are fragmented and finding qualified resources to do simple project work can sometimes be very challenging and frustrating For employees at the professional technical… Advice to Senior Management: In the area of Strategic Outsourcing need to develop more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fallen Giant, Hoping to Rise Again

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits, flexible hours, lots of chances for career advancement and changes. There are still… Cons: Too much middle management, management by accountant. The company has added a lot of bloat over the past few… Advice to Senior Management: Shed two to three layers of middle management. All they do is pat… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!