IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Disappointed at working well under my capacity and capability

Former Employee - IT Executive in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - IT Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Can be well paid. There can be opportunities to move and expand experience.
It is very collegial, and they do take good care of people especially in an emergency or crisis.
The company does do a very good job of communicating with people the state of the business, current issues and plans.

Cons

The culture is all embracing ad overwhelming. It is fundamentally run by Finance, with sales people being revered. Working internally as I did is neither appreciated or valued. I worked for a global team for years yet it never met in person due to a complete ban on travel expense for internal people. In 8 years I never did any training, never met any clients, never was able to go to any trade shows (even IBM run ones). There are no doubt some excellent managers and leaders though unfortunately I never worked for any. A lot of the people there joined as graduates and have only ever worked for IBM - these people occupy most if not all of the senior roles.

There is not much point giving advice to management - the firm has been around 100 years and is very set in its ways, especially on how it manages and motivates people.

12359 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

If you love to sacrifice your life and give everything to a company for noreward, salary or bonus then IBM is for you!!

Former Employee - Information Security Manager in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

flexibility is good, opportunities for developing skills and experience is also good

Cons

salary, bonuses - don't expect more than 0.5% increase in salary over a 10 year period even if you are a consistent high performer!...You can give 200% of your life into IBM and they will reward you with nothing.

Give recognition to those who deserve it or suffer from the consequences of loosing top talent to other companies.

My experience in IBM

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to learn on certain subjects & most suited for specialist , not a place for a generalist as each of the jobs are super specialization by them selves.

Cons

Generalists have to go through a lot of unlearning, Confusing and people are not friendly at times

Make IBM less depend on the manager especially the HR part as its serving no one except the managers themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM