IBM

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Great company

Current Employee - Program Manager in Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Program Manager in Boulder, CO

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, vision of leadership, variety of opportunities; company's focus on improving how we collectively manage global resources. IBM engourages volunteerism and philanthropy, as well as a sincere desire to serve clients.

Cons

Global competition for jobs; maintaining visibility among 430k employees

Honor the contribution work at home employees make (real estate, office expenses)

12324 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

IBM is THE technology bluechip

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1) Competent management has a clear plan to shift its product mix to highly profitable segments on an ongoing basis.
    2) There are more career development resources available to you than you'd likely find at any other private corporation.
    3) There is always a group of people somewhere that has similar interest / skills in your area of interest.

Cons

1) Experiences will vary widely depending on where your position is within the business.

Our new CEO just announced a significant investment in employee skills. That is refreshing given a tumultuous time in the industry. The challenge will be in rolling this out to the field against the background of a performance driven culture. The devil is in the details of the implementation. Looking forward to hearing more about this.

Intern Review

Former Employee - Offering Strategy and Design Intern in Littleton, MA
    Former Employee - Offering Strategy and Design Intern in Littleton, MA

I worked at IBM as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation for an intern was competitive. Management that I dealt with was very helpful and supportive. Lots of respect for your work by allowing space for you to complete your work.

Cons

There wasn't a whole lot of change. Week in week out, it was the same daily routine. There was no opportunity to be hired to a full time position from the one I was in.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM