IBM

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Great projects, great people

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at IBM full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is involved in so many things that there is an opportunity for everyone if you know what you want to do. I have had the ability to talk to a number of different people to learn about all of these opportunities within IBM.

Encourage/reward you for taking on new opportunities

Great benefits.

Cons

Size of company can feel overwhelming at first

Make on-boarding easier

12721 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Happy to leave!

Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good starting salary (don't expect much if any increases once you start)
    Good opportunity to grow skills
    People are friendly and great to work with but are depressed and want to leave

Cons

Many of us joke that working for IBM in the US is like living in a third world country. No free water, coffee, not even utensils! We have to buy our own whiteboard markers and batteries due to the extreme penny pinching. The long hour demands are insane, deadlines are unrealistic, morale is terrible and it just keeps getting worse and worse. They even took away work from home flexibility. Average breakroom conversation is wanting to leave IBM and how run down and crappy it is. I started as a new college grad not that long ago and the whole group that started as new grads is already gone.

It is very clear to us that you are trying to slowly eliminate your US presence.

IBM is THE technology bluechip

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1) Competent management has a clear plan to shift its product mix to highly profitable segments on an ongoing basis.
    2) There are more career development resources available to you than you'd likely find at any other private corporation.
    3) There is always a group of people somewhere that has similar interest / skills in your area of interest.

Cons

1) Experiences will vary widely depending on where your position is within the business.

Our new CEO just announced a significant investment in employee skills. That is refreshing given a tumultuous time in the industry. The challenge will be in rolling this out to the field against the background of a performance driven culture. The devil is in the details of the implementation. Looking forward to hearing more about this.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM