IBM
3.2 of 5 10,174 reviews
www.ibm.com Armonk, NY 5000+ Employees

Can't think of a better place to spend a career

Client Executive (Former Employee)
Waltham, MA

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIBM offers tremendous growth opportunities for employees. One can have many "mini-careers" all while working for IBM -- examples: sales, management, HR, program management, etc.. They continually invest in their people and provide ongoing education. Better than average compensation, good benefits, etc.

ConsUnless you are opposed to working hard for a company who hold Business Conduct, Integrity and Customer Satisfaction to the highest standards, there really aren't any.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn this era or remote/virtual teams, try to ensure that employees all still feel a part of the strong IBM culture that was so important to IBMers in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

The best large company you can work for

I have been working at IBM

Pros: The quality of the people you work with every day. The deeply… Cons: It is a big company and you don't have as broad experience as when you're working in a… Advice to Senior Management: Hire, train, promote more people who can relate to line… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good employer but focused on expense cutting

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Very smart people, innovative initiatives Cons: Extreme focus on cost cutting Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IBM CEO Virginia Rometty. All reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees.