IBM
www.ibm.com Armonk, NY 5000+ Employees

No future for American employees / keep your CV up-to-date

Non-Direct (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsDecent benefits, flexibility, still some good lower level managers

ConsAbsolutely no opportunities for US employees. Constant layoffs. Constant THREAT of layoffs. Bogus evaluation system to move US employees out of the business and not give raises or bonus. Forced evaluation skews that managers must adhere to or else.

Layoffs every year, sometimes twice a year. I've seen folks get laid off, but are extended to meet customer demand. Threat of no severance if employees don't comply.

HR is totally useless. The employee services center is the go-to place for employees to get HR answers (except for Fidelity Services) The ESC center is of course off shored someplace and give out wrong answers and read from a script . HR Partners in the US are only for management team and to help make a case against employees.

GBS is body shop and once your skills aren't needed, you're out the door. Don't make your utilization target (through no fault of your own), you'll get a 3 performance rating. Get two of those and bye-bye.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior executive team is decimating the U.S workforce. Executives bonus are calculated on profit. Employees on revenue. Executives have 'contracts' and a different retirement. It's a RARE executive that gets laid off. The lower band executives kowtow to the higher bands. The senior executives say Jump! and the lower bands say how high.

The senior execs are cleaning up like bandits. They won't change until this once great company is beaten into the ground. Read "I, Cringley" take on IBM

If you are in the US, do NOT consider working for IBM

IT Person (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Travel. Working from home (depending on what group you are hired on with). … Cons: I have never worked at a company that has so little respect for their employees. Nothing you do is ever enough and as an… Advice to Senior Management: It's too late, management has no interest in hearing from their employees. The laughable "JAM" that recently happened (Which we were ordered to sign… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Awesome people, but US workforce is no longer valued

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Pay Incredibly dedicated and talented workforce Cons: Constant layoffs in the US. Underhanded techniques to keep layoff numbers below what is… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to take a good look at who is actually doing the work. Many jobs have been outsourced to China, India, etc.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IBM CEO Virginia Rometty. All reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees.