IBM

www.ibm.com

IBM Global Services

Project Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExposure to large commercial accounts. Employee stock purchase plan. Access to education classes, materials and certifications. Work from home. Partnerships with other large companies provide for good networking.

ConsOpportunities for advancement are limited in some positions due to a tendency to pigeonhole employees in current role from lack of availability of trained resources to assume responsibilities. Extreme cost cutting measures especially in Q4 limiting education, travel and hiring. Many layers of management to navigate. Distribution of work across global regions slows down delivery of projects. Salaries below market value. Recent 401k changes are viewed as unfavorable to employees. Overall low morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore cross-training of employees. Listen to front line employees to understand results of cost-cutting measures. Work/Life balance is purely on paper not reality.

Flexible work place but bad project management

Advisory Software Engineer (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Very flexible on work location Big big company can move around… Cons: Poor bonuses and raises even for 1 rating multiple years in row Project management does not know anything technical or how to coordinate development. Executives do… Advice to Senior Management: Reverse 401k decision Clean out the working at IBM 30+ yr… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company but they are not competitive with pay

Software Sales (Former Employee) Phoenix, GA

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great products. Amazing support. Best teaming / collaboration tools. Cons: Very difficult to advance salary. Extremely high growth targets so 20% or less of sales team will make their sales quota. Seeming disregard for employee… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the pork and do whatever is necessary… More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!