IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

The experience was a good one. I enjoyed working at the company

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Denver, CO
Former Employee - IT Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The flexiblity of working from home was invaluable

Cons

Work never ended. You are always on.

Work life balance

12359 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

IBM: The ongoing decline of a once-great company

I worked at IBM as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The name recognition still carries some weight worldwide. Also, the Watson commercials are pretty cool. Back in the day, no other company treated it employees better. Emphasis, of course, on "back in the day".

Cons

Job security has become an oxymoron; just ask the hundreds of people who were just let go as part of IBM's latest resource action/workforce remix/whatever. They actually called us "Surplus Employees" back during the Great Purge of 1993 (two decades from to what's being done now) Evidently, people run a distant second to profits in today's IBM environment...

Maybe you should rename the company "IB". After all, you do lots of "International Business" these days but don't seem to manufacture "Machines" anymore. I could also recommend treating your remaining employees humanely and fairly, but I have my doubts you'll even read this anyway...

Misogynist place: bad place for women

Former Employee - Researcher in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Researcher in San Jose, CA

I worked at IBM as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

The setting was nice and quite.

Cons

I worked in two different groups as intern. Both in Almaden. In both cases the mentors treated me really bad because I was a woman.
    In the first I have been explicitly told to "bend over and please my boss so he can dump all his frustration on me".
    The second kept insisting that since I am a woman I should stay home and have babies instead of working.
    In both cases they stole my work, meaning they showed it to upper management as their own work saying I didn't do anything.
    In both cases they felt uncomfortable that a woman was better than them and tried to overpower her with their authorities.
    I don't even want to hear the name IBM now, and prefer to die of starvation that to work for that company.

Use better methods to see the situation of employee, especially women. Don't put misogynist with a record of bad behavior towards women in a position to hire and manage women.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM