www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

IBM

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture is good . work is good. Good work life balance.

Cons

Nothing much to say for negative.

keep going

12665 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

a roller coaster

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, good salary, nice people

Cons

HR processes, financials are getting tighter every year

Put focus on employee morale and not only the stock price

Old fashioned, company still living in 1990

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Working from home most times
    Very slow and relaxing
    High Salary - if you negotiate well
    Not too much competition or pressure as they really don't have a strategy or goal

Cons

To start with, they live at least 20 years in the past. They have no idea of recent developments in technology. Highly irritating products like Lotus Notes, Symphony and whatnot. IBM tries to ape any product out there which is famous and used e.g. they have their own version of Google Analytics called 'Tea Leaf'. Nothing wrong with copying, but instead of giving a differentiating factor, these products are highly unusable and cost about 10 times more than the original. A bit mad.

A lot of brainwashing. So basically they make products that no one is interested in, force employees to use them because no one else will use them, and then brainwash you into thinking its good just because its IBM made. In addition, you are expected to think greatly of IBM employees just because they are part of IBM (some people here are really really skill-less)

The worst thing I found here is the amount of monthly lay-offs. Anyone on bench even for a short while is laid off. Projects think they do you a favor by employing you from bench even if you are overqualified. Weird.

IBM is a slowly dying organism because of its ancient technology and attitude. It is a bit difficult to be part of this organism and not feel like you are dying with it in your career. I am trying to get out, but dont want to make another rash decision like IBM.

Serious changes needed to the management layer like in Gerstner's time. We really need something extremely drastic, else this slowly dying stinking organism may not ever have a chance. I wish there was some way to know the exact extent of this before joining.

I don't think the CEO is actively leading this company. We hardly ever hear from her. No messages, nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM