Mostly good at BIG Blue

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
Current Employee - Marketing Manager

Pros

Good compensation and access to global resources and expertise

Cons

You are faceless, a number, a cog in the machine. Your opinion does not matter. IBM = I'm By Myself.

Advice to Management

Don''t just SAY you value employees--demonstrate it. "Do unto others..." etc.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

1. Not bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

they have their challenges but are looking for ways to improve and they have something good with the cloud initiatives

Cons

a lot of people jockeying for just a few jobs and it's easy to get complacent. a complete matrix organization

Advice to Management

earnings are now the most important thing, so please just say that instead of creating new values for the company.

2. I built sales pipeline for a software company acquired by IBM in 2006.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

In a sales function, the name IBM certainly opens doors with prospective clients; they're more willing to listen. There is more than enough training in all aspects: function, product, industry. I enjoyed and miss working with smart and dedicated professionals. Direct management that I experienced was fair and reasonable. Lots of fun networking opportunities in major cities.

Cons

Things move relatively slow in a large organization and consequently enthusiasm can lose steam. On the other hand, a recent reorganization in sales and marketing swiftly cut thousands of positions. Once hired, if you want to stay with IBM, learn as much as possible, keep your eyes and ears open, and network like crazy to secure your next position.

Advice to Management

I appreciated the opportunity to work at IBM, and I hope I'm given another opportunity to work there again in the future.