IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

The best of times, the worst of times

Current Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Huge network, ability to move around within the company. Mostly great people. Predictable culture. Rewarded with promotions for exercising my passion, following my interests. Have to admire a company that knows how to sustain itself for decades.

Cons

Exasperating organizational infighting and agendas are to be expected within this vast company, despite a facade of collaboration. I wish it seemed genuine. Workload increasing too steadily to work on career advancement. Seeing I will have to sell my work-life balance to reach the next level. Fear I'll be politely shuffled out the door in 10 years anyway, for costing too much.

Open your eyes to what's going on among your areas. It might not be beneficial to the company as a whole.

12361 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Procurement Specialist

I have been working at IBM

Pros

While consulting and services predominate, I like that IBM still builds things and produces products.

Cons

Off shoring of most all supply chain jobs with no hiring in US in recent memory in most supply chain groups. Work load is excessive everywhere and no signs of getting better

Have to be profitable .... And I'm a shareholder , would would like more consideration to keeping a presence in US.

Good and Bad - great people, fragmented/confused organization

Current Employee - Industry Solution Sales
    Current Employee - Industry Solution Sales

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

quality people, benefits, customers, some solutions/products

Cons

weak management (too much management), competing teams and goals, competing non-integrated products and offerings

quick shooting the workers and weed out the management. Structure goals that complement each other among teams instead of competing goals that ultimately confuse the customer.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM