There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Good company to work for

Former Employee - IT Security Services Sales
Former Employee - IT Security Services Sales

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities, access to big clients, complex and interesting projects, ability to work remotely, increasingly better collaboration tooling

Cons

Slow / old process, heavy work load, 401K match payment moved to end of year, poor training for new team members, slow to move to cloud and slow to adopt new bus. models. Very risk averse.

Better strategy for cloud, faster acquisition schedule, more focus on training

11580 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

The best of times, the worst of times

Current Employee - Advisory Software Engineer  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Huge network, ability to move around within the company. Mostly great people. Predictable culture. Rewarded with promotions for exercising my passion, following my interests. Have to admire a company that knows how to sustain itself for decades.

Cons

Exasperating organizational infighting and agendas are to be expected within this vast company, despite a facade of collaboration. I wish it seemed genuine. Workload increasing too steadily to work on career advancement. Seeing I will have to sell my work-life balance to reach the next level. Fear I'll be politely shuffled out the door in 10 years anyway, for costing too much.

Open your eyes to what's going on among your areas. It might not be beneficial to the company as a whole.

Mega Corporation with unlimited opportunities and great Benefits

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Littleton, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Littleton, MA

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits, lots of opportunities to do and learn many different areas of technology and business. Tons of opportunities for mobile and work at home flexability.

Cons

Regular downsizing of US employees disrupts team activities and causes undue stress

when thinking of doing resources actions to gain EPS, think more about the long term effect on employee stamina

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!