There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Use only as a stepping stone, the rest of your life is calling.

Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at IBM

Pros

Looks great on a resume, meet quality people.

Cons

Outsourcing and high turnover rate has crippled helpdesk support. Where you were previously expected to support one customer and give excellence in support you are now expected to support multiple customers during your shift. The amount of data you are supposed to assimilate and discard on a daily basis would seriously astonish the individual customers. The customer service level is seriously affected and since there is such a high turnover on all levels of support the knowledge that is desperately needed to perform your job effectively is in a constant state of flux.

Stop immediately the practise of parachuting new managers into troubled accounts on a 6 month rotating basis. This has a trickle down effect that damages working relationships and does not resolve the underlying problems.

Hire managers that have an established track record of people skills. As employees we bend over backwards for the managers that treat us as adults and respect our contributions to the bottom line.

Institute an email free day. The amount of crap that bogs down our in boxes is insanity.

Science and research have proven that multi-tasking does not get you farther ahead in the long run, stop rewarding multi-tasking kings and queens who have mastered the art of "Looking busy 101"

reviews filtered by