IBM
3.2 of 5 10,976 reviews
www.ibm.com Armonk, NY 5000+ Employees

Use only as a stepping stone, the rest of your life is calling.

Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsLooks great on a resume, meet quality people.

ConsOutsourcing and high turnover rate has crippled helpdesk support. Where you were previously expected to support one customer and give excellence in support you are now expected to support multiple customers during your shift. The amount of data you are supposed to assimilate and discard on a daily basis would seriously astonish the individual customers. The customer service level is seriously affected and since there is such a high turnover on all levels of support the knowledge that is desperately needed to perform your job effectively is in a constant state of flux.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop immediately the practise of parachuting new managers into troubled accounts on a 6 month rotating basis. This has a trickle down effect that damages working relationships and does not resolve the underlying problems.

Hire managers that have an established track record of people skills. As employees we bend over backwards for the managers that treat us as adults and respect our contributions to the bottom line.

Institute an email free day. The amount of crap that bogs down our in boxes is insanity.

Science and research have proven that multi-tasking does not get you farther ahead in the long run, stop rewarding multi-tasking kings and queens who have mastered the art of "Looking busy 101"

Not bad so far but lets see!!

Lead Generation Representative (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at IBM

Pros: Big Name in the industry. Excellent place to learn. Excellent… Cons: Bad salary, growth potential in the company is very low. Everybody seems to be judgemental. There is a lot of unsaid politics. baaahh baaah baahh… Advice to Senior Management: Please promote people based on their talent and skill and… More

Opportunities abound at start, but soon narrow.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at IBM

Pros: Great for software engineers and those with technical expertise. IBM offer a wide variety of platforms on… Cons: You always here about some great new technology IBM is working on in the mainstream media. However, the chance to get involved in such technologies… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the bureaucracy and streamline the business. Too… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IBM CEO Virginia Rometty. All reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees.