IBM

www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Sometimes the easy things are the hardest to comprehend

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at IBM

Pros

When I started at IBM, I was a young overwhelmed employee and kept wondering why IBM hired me. Through the early years, I felt I was a contributor to the business and I was able to quickly get promoted, nice raises, outstanding benefits and had a whole lot of fun while working with top notch people. I was always intrigued by the new and cutting edge stuff coming out and IBM was always good at letting you undertake new challenges and look and move to new opportunities.

Cons

The one thing that always bothered me at IBM was the confusing and complicated bonus payments. Several years ago, I had a manager call a special meeting to go over the new sales plan. It took her about 10 minutes to understand that she did not quite actually understand the basics and she just got back from a 1 day meeting on the subject. She naturally called in the person who actually developed the plan to speak with us. After 30 minutes she even had questions as to why certain things were the way they were and she wrote the thing. Needless to say, it was the hardest thing to understand each year, especially when your quota kept getting changed throughout the year.

Through my years, I got to work for the hardware and software divisions and also worked closely with the services division. I put together many large complex deals and it was always amazing to me that each of these divisions had their own agenda, own P&L and made it very difficult to put the pieces of a deal together. This linkage needs to be fixed.

12787 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

I worked at IBM

Pros

The work life balance is amazing. The compensation is great. You do however, have to work hard. Long hours and log days are a must but, you are compensated for it.

Cons

Long days, management also tends to be very busy at times. The laptops you are given may be underspeced but, its all luck of the draw

Dont be so quick to cut jobs. You will be hiring the same people back very soon and it will end up costing more.

Get out

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at IBM

Pros

good place to work if you like computers get out fast if you dont cause most people are incompetent there

Cons

hated it worked there for only a year rand then wanted to leave with my tail between my legs and fast

don't stick your head in the sand and then blame your juniors for everything that is going wrong...management argh

There are newer employer reviews for IBM