IBM

www.ibm.com

Good overall but times have changed.

(Former Employee)

ProsThe company has a long history, reputation (the name speaks for itself), great product, global, benefits, skies the limit for above/beyond contributors, resources and a great talent pool!

ConsIt's a big company therefore you'll have to contribute above and beyond to be recognized or to survive. Employees are just employees. Concentrate at what matters to the company not what you think matters. However, these are prevelant in most companies today.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the foundations why IBM was a great place to have a career, not just a job. Make IBM the leader in all aspects not just inline with the competition.

Great while it lasted - demoralizing when there were layoffs (and now it's my turn)

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Highly competent pool of people to work with and learn… Cons: Upper management is ruthless when it comes to quarterly earnings Jargon… Advice to Senior Management: I like the Unilever approach better - don't give quarterly earnings predictions. Build morale in your employees.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Learned a lot over the years

Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) Rochester, MN

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Strong people, deep technology, diverse workforce Cons: Good ol' boy management system, managers watch out for those… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!