There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Good and Bad - great people, fragmented/confused organization

Current Employee - Industry Solution Sales
Current Employee - Industry Solution Sales

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

quality people, benefits, customers, some solutions/products

Cons

weak management (too much management), competing teams and goals, competing non-integrated products and offerings

quick shooting the workers and weed out the management. Structure goals that complement each other among teams instead of competing goals that ultimately confuse the customer.

11618 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

The best of times, the worst of times

Current Employee - Advisory Software Engineer  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Huge network, ability to move around within the company. Mostly great people. Predictable culture. Rewarded with promotions for exercising my passion, following my interests. Have to admire a company that knows how to sustain itself for decades.

Cons

Exasperating organizational infighting and agendas are to be expected within this vast company, despite a facade of collaboration. I wish it seemed genuine. Workload increasing too steadily to work on career advancement. Seeing I will have to sell my work-life balance to reach the next level. Fear I'll be politely shuffled out the door in 10 years anyway, for costing too much.

Open your eyes to what's going on among your areas. It might not be beneficial to the company as a whole.

Good company to work for

Former Employee - IT Security Services Sales
    Former Employee - IT Security Services Sales

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities, access to big clients, complex and interesting projects, ability to work remotely, increasingly better collaboration tooling

Cons

Slow / old process, heavy work load, 401K match payment moved to end of year, poor training for new team members, slow to move to cloud and slow to adopt new bus. models. Very risk averse.

Better strategy for cloud, faster acquisition schedule, more focus on training

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!