There are newer employer reviews for IBM

I enjoy working at IBM, coworkers are great!

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home, great people to work with.

Cons

Can be very stressful, to much work, expected to always be available. Not properly compensated based on performance.

Management states that they pay to keep the top performers, but that is not what they do, when raise time comes around there is always an excuse, high performance marks but they don't have any money to give a decent raise, however, Management gets theirs. Need to reward the people who actually do the work based on their performance, Management says they do but they don't.

reviews filtered by
  1. A great company to build and create new ideas.

Current Employee - Distinguished Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Distinguished Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

IBM is supportive of innovation and is supportive of a good work life balance. It is easy to work the hours that fit your life and have access to the resources to create new innovations in IT.

Cons

The EPS promises made by IBM management to stockholders has caused them to achieve business performance results through some excessive resource cutting that can hinder long-term development activities.

Invest in additional organic development and reevaluate the importance of some product and business priorities to see if they continue to have the value to software consumers.

2. Great time wish they altered there stance on reassignment

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Richmond, VA

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great people, great technologies. This was a great place to work. Allowed for growth in professional arena. First manager was amazing. He understood the work load and he worked for us.

Cons

hours are not best, sometimes the expectations of the road warrior is such that it puts us in danger. personal manager was not versed in what the team actually did. This appeared to be a thing of put them in place to fail but at our expense.

learn the position you manage. one manager knew what the field team dealt with but new manager did not take time to find out what and why things were done in the way they were.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM