IBM

www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

analyst

Former Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

schedule flexible, options for job transfers

Cons

I hear complaints from co-worker about not getting paid after shift ends for on call incidents

12670 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Boring, Stressful initially, Exciting and Heavenly later, Unfortunatey when it started getting better, I had to quit...

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Ocean of knowlegde, there's no end to learning
    - Open culture, knowledgeable people around, transparent salary structure
    - Good remuneration to laterals
    - If you are good, there is a good chance that you will be noticed by senior management very quickly.
    - There is a chance to grow quickly but its always on you !
    - Amazing work life balance, most of the people hang around in IBM for long periods. but if you're an entry level guy who wants to go the distance, IBM could be a dangerous addiction ! :)
    - A suggustion would be to join IBM with 10-15 years of experience and when you have a settled life, then you can stay in IBM till you reture without any complaint
    - Infinite number of casual leaves, how cool is that !
    -IBM really cares for its employees !!! A senior manager offered me an LOA for an year !! no company would ever do that
    -He even offered me to work from my native location for as long as I want
    - You're going to miss IBM no matter whichever company you go to !!!!!

Cons

-Initial work could be boring, huge number of trainings for everything !!! yikes
    - You have to fight to get work, you have to fight to get in eyes of senior management
    - Things could get slow
    - You may get stuck forevere ( working in IBM is an addiction :P )

Tip- If you're not happy with your work, go and complaint ! Talk to your manager, don't be afraid of the consequesnces, a very good chance would be that you'd be put into something better, and a lot of people from senior management are very supportive. I did the same and trust me I wish i would have done that earlier. later on as i mentioned it was heavenly experience working on new things! I don't think I would have learn so many things in so less time anywhere outside !

Keep doing what you're doing. Even if you're good at everything, there will always be one or two competitors who will take upper hand in some areas, but it doesnt make you a small player, you are and will always be a top player !

Very good

Former Employee - PMO Analyst in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - PMO Analyst in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible work schedule, and very minimal work pressure (unless you work for a difficult account), and more importantly, very transparent employee rating system.

Cons

Its a known fact that IBM offers a very miserly salary packages, and the %age annual increments add to the woes.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM