IBM

www.ibm.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

One of the best internships I've ever had!

Current Intern - Software Developer in Durham, NC
Current Intern - Software Developer in Durham, NC

I have been working at IBM as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-Pay
-Culture
-No Micro-Management
-Very flexible hours. Was able to come and go as I pleased without being bothered.

Cons

-Paychecks were behind 2 weeks when first started.
-"Thrown" right into the job, no prepping or training.

Work on payroll procedures. Direct deposit should be setup before interns even start.

13186 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Good intern development program, assignments can vary from challenging to boring depending on specific team.

Former Intern - Software Development Engineer in Durham, NC
    Former Intern - Software Development Engineer in Durham, NC

I worked at IBM as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Many resources to take advantage of, as well as different business units. The intern program hosting some very good lectures and free food was provided as well. Profitable company that works quietly in the background of our nations infrastructure. Many IBMers stay at IBM their whole lives.

Cons

The average age is a bit high, because many people stay at IBM once they are hired. Knowledge transfer might be a bit slow. Company is so large it is easy to feel lost or not feel like you are contributing very much.

Keep assigning interns work that you will actually use, keep up with the interns and guide them better if they are obviously lost.

It's been a good journey.. every great party has an end

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at IBM as a contractor

Pros

IBM has some of the most talent professionals in the field; they pick their people well. I enjoyed being part of the Register File team, great people, great projects for over 6 years now.

Cons

IBM has one of the most rigorous demanding work schedule that I have worked on. Expect to work long hrs, even on your days off. Meanwhile, your performance and production must be of excellent quality.

Need to provide more benefits and company time-off to employees. A burn-out and unhappy employee is an un-effective and unproductive employee.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM