There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Excellent place to work, great, distinctive culture

Former Employee - Various Roles in New York, NY
Former Employee - Various Roles in New York, NY

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I remember in my first month thinking, "this is the most 'moral' place I've ever worked." People generally did the right thing for customers and each other; poor, destructive leaders are "managed out of the business." /// Amazing training opportunities.

Cons

Non-client facing people in support roles, working remotely (home offices) sometimes act less accountable than one would like.

Speed up planning & execution cycles.

reviews filtered by
  1. Software Engineer, iOS developer

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Complex projects, great experience, great 1st line manager[at least the one im dealing with]

Cons

Compensation, growth opportunities, and too vertical for the quick paced technology shifts

if only we could limit the politics and the red tape.

2. IBM Then and Now

Former Employee - Staff in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Staff in Austin, TX

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

IBM has a true grasp of business, plans well, and teaches its employees. It is the perfect place to begin a career and learn all you can. If you can manage to stay relevant, it can also be a great place to end your career, aka retire.

Cons

IBM has lost some of what used to be what set it apart: Respect for the Individual. It was too quick to try to mirror some of the behaviors of newer, fresher companies in the 80's and 90's. Most of those companies are no longer around; IBM managed to outlast them, but at the cost of some great talent.

Remember to foster the loyalty that made IBM a great company. An employee having a rough time may say the wrong thing to the wrong person and in a flash their career is over.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM