12046 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great experience, many levels of management

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager  in  Costa Mesa, CA
Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The experience you gain at a company like IBM is incomparable. The sheer size of the company allows your career to grow in a number of directions. Mentors are easily accessible and resources are at your fingertips.

Cons

I mentioned that the size of the company as a pro, but it is also a con. Due to the size, the hierarchy and management matrix is unreal. Every level of management is scrutinizing every last deal and pushing for weekly numbers and goal attainment now.

Let the field reps run their business. Too much time is spend on reporting to management and not enough time selling.

Other Reviews for IBM

Great culture, lot of trust and collaboration, exciting projects, great brand

Former Employee - Human Resources Partner  in  Somers, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Partner in Somers, NY

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really had a great experience working for IBM. The environment has a lot of trust and collaboration. I was assigned on really great projects even though I was right out of college. There is fantastic flexibility. There is no fixed office time and you can make your own as long as you get your job done. Lots of opportunity to work from home as well. The executives are very down to earth and really roll-up their sleeves to work. I may go back to work for the company again after a few years.

Cons

Salary increases are very slow. They make up for it in term of flex benefits, however if you stay here for long, you will lag the market in terms of pay. You may need to then jump a couple of jobs to get back at market pay.

It was a great ride!

Former Employee - First Line Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - First Line Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I learned a lot and met a lot of great people.

Cons

You can get disillusioned by being just a number in a company so vast.

Truly care about the lives and careers of your people working for you.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!