IBM

www.ibm.com

IBM

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)

ProsIBM is still the leading solutions provider in the world, providing all elements of a total solution either stand-alone or integrated (SW, HW, Consulting, Services..).. I enjoyed and feel privileged to have worked in IBM's global services organizations.. I would recommend IBM's global services organization to anyone..

ConsIBM has become to top heavy,,, too many levels of executives, most time 5-6 layers of VPs between the CEO and field.. this needs to be trimmed to a more controllable model similar to what Gerstner implemented on his arrival (2-4 layers).. IBM also does not seem to practice one of the credo's it had when I joined, "respect for the individual".. they need to be focused on the bottom line, but not with sacrificing respect for its employees.. there are still a few execs in IBM that carry the respect tradition on, and they seem to be quire successful.. may some one needs focus on that again..

Advice to Senior Managementtrim the VP fat, focus on what is needed to improve the employees capability and affordability to perform their jobs mobilly..

Being employed at IBM is a great learning experience.

Consulting By Degrees (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than a year

Pros: Many opportunities to get involved in a lot of different… Cons: They hire too many recent grads and do not have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Large company, good place to work at

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Lots of opportunities to try different technology sectors, but this also depends on the type of employee, the more challenges an employee wants the faster… Cons: First line management most of the time is good about protecting their developers but upper level management doesn't always seem like their vision is aligned… Advice to Senior Management: Need to rethink its long term strategy, seems like currently everything that is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!