There are newer employer reviews for IBM

I was always very proud to say I worked for IBM.

Former Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Worldwide respect and recognition. IBM is one of the most trusted companies in the world.

Cons

In the last few years it became all about the stock price and promises made to Wall Street. Financial spending decisions were all but removed several years ago from employees and lower management. The simplest of financial decisions now take many levels of approval.
For many years I would have given 5 stars overall, but in the last few years not the same.

Give teams at the first and second line level an expense and capital budget then leave them alone until next year. That includes every thing, travel, education, salaries, head count, etc.
Pick the numbers for the year, not the quarters, and go away. Then evaluate what they did with what they were given.

11915 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

DBA

I have been working at IBM full-time

Pros

good experience for college grads. Good benefits and OT.

Cons

Not good for senior or experienced person.

none

Labor mill; nothing matters to mgt but utilization %

Former Employee - Consultant in Armonk, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in Armonk, NY

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with on projects. Opportunities to travel and work on interesting projects. Decent salary and benefits to start.

Cons

Unrealistic PBC- personal business commitment goals. Total focus is on separating clients from their money. Directed to work more hours at financial period ends to meet advertised revenue expectations. Executed "resource action'... Layoffs instead of reassigning trained and effective consultants to fill current openings. Too many psychophants who drank the koolaid.

Learn some leadership skills and quit treating your revenue treating resources ("practitioners") like disposable chattel. Learn to 'walk your talk', consultants are your bread and butter.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM