IBM

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

adfdfasdfttttthtisadfasdf

Former Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are still lots of smart people at IBM. If you like working long hours for little or no reward, this is the place for you.

Cons

This is the worst managed company I have ever worked for. None of the smart people I mentioned in "Pros" is in upper management. Although I see quite a few favorable reviews of IBM on glassdoor, in my experience the only people who think this is a good place to work are those who have never worked anywhere else.

1. Focus on creating real value for customers rather than just acquiring new revenue streams.
2. Drop the rah-rah stuff; we are not fooled. True greatness is inversely proportional to the amount of it that comes out of your mouth.
3. Grow up.

12806 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

IBM Hates Contractors

Former Employee - Engineer in Fishkill, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in Fishkill, NY

I worked at IBM as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

For a contractor, there are no pros to working there. The people at IBM are actually very pleasant. It is the culture that needs improvement.

Cons

IBM is not concerned with any of its contract employees. Workforce reductions and furloughs do little to improve overall morale. The culture at IBM is all about meeting IBM financials with little apparent regard to customer needs. Contract employees are told not to discuss workforce reductions with the customers they support. Why? Those customers would most likely get upset if they knew the level of support they should be getting has been reduced.

Instead of implementing contractor furloughs, simply rate all contractors and dismiss those contractors that rate the lowest. Eliminating excess management positions, hiring GOOD project managers and eliminating non-performers would improve performance, morale and ultimately improve the margins IBM is so desperate to make.

Great co-workers, but the company is a decline

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Worklife balance, strong, reliable smart co-workers and based on the group you are in, the ability to determine your work schedule.

Cons

Bureaucracy, lack of respect for the individual, outdated technology and inability to make quick decisions.

Listen to your people and really recognize they are the organization's best resource.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM