IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Great company story that works its consulting business resources to the bone

Former Employee - Associate Partner in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Associate Partner in Tampa, FL

I worked at IBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great history, plenty of variety, truly embraces remote workers, decent pay (not for the sacrifice)

Cons

Oversells and under-delivers leaving teams too small to get the job done leading to over-worked and stressed teams. No ability to live in apartments while working in other cities. No ability to temporarily relocate. Training and vacation time work against you as your billable time is what matters the most to IBM (not the people)

Focus on your people and less on the bottom line. Good people will continue to leave and revenue will be a challenge with lesser teams

12317 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Delivery Project Executive for IBM Global Technology Services

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great technical knowledge, good corporate trust, always changing, some ability to move around your career within the same company, employees, management is fair.

Cons

Poor work-life balance, declining benefits and pay competitiveness, uncertainty about momentum of the company, highly tops down managed, neutral to negative career development opportunity.

Great place to work despite its size

Current Employee - Software Professional (Project Manager) in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Professional (Project Manager) in San Jose, CA

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This is an innovative, ethical company with a long history that I was proud to work for. They clearly see where their profits lie and move to leverage those performing products in the market. Conversely, unprofitable products are cut. Great benefits with large salary ranges. Working from home was wonderful and perfect for my situation

Cons

Dealing with what I call the corporate "hoo haw," the processes for getting some goals accomplished are sometimes monumental. I found that by building my network, I could many times work around these roadblocks and achieve the end goal.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM