There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Great place to work despite its size

Current Employee - Software Professional (Project Manager) in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Software Professional (Project Manager) in San Jose, CA

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is an innovative, ethical company with a long history that I was proud to work for. They clearly see where their profits lie and move to leverage those performing products in the market. Conversely, unprofitable products are cut. Great benefits with large salary ranges. Working from home was wonderful and perfect for my situation

Cons

Dealing with what I call the corporate "hoo haw," the processes for getting some goals accomplished are sometimes monumental. I found that by building my network, I could many times work around these roadblocks and achieve the end goal.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

1. Boundless resources and opportunities, yet too financed micro focused

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Endless army of resources to help you succeed; management is open to listening to opposing views; if you're young, it's a great company to learn from and to possibly be your life long commitment.

Cons

Lack of "common sense" decision making; finance driven / managed, too stingy;

Advice to Management

Empower the field / line employee.

Test Engineer

Pros

You get paid to work. I have to have 20 words here, but I have no more nice things to say.

Cons

Constant worry about being laid off. Cost cutting measures at every corner. No more innovation. No more time for improvement. Infrastructure is rotting from within.

Advice to Management

By firing good employees you are tarnishing your reputation. I would not recommend a job at IBM to anyone.