There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Fantastic place for people interested in Tech

Former Employee - Predictive Analytics Intern
Former Employee - Predictive Analytics Intern

I worked at IBM as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Exposure to multiple different fields, you can tap into a massive network of co-workers around the planet.

Cons

Red tape can seriously get in the way sometimes

11597 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Rewarding experience with the opportunity to work along side talented people on various technology initiatives.

Former Employee - IT Infrastructure Architect  in  Armonk, NY
    Former Employee - IT Infrastructure Architect in Armonk, NY

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work Life Balance, Emerging Technologies, Teamwork, Global Business Experience

Cons

Extended Hours, Job Stability, Changes to Retirement Savings Plans

Encourage personal growth and development, Look for ways to maintain positions within the states

Consulting by Degrees: The Industry's Biggest Lie

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly, the only thing I enjoyed about the CdB program was all the other young professionals in it. Everyone is fresh out of college, eager to meet new people in new cities

Cons

Lack of responsibility, lack of purpose, lack of career guidance, 'training' is entirely misdirected, people outside of CdB don't respect the program, the program is constantly over-hiring leaving people on the bench for MONTHS at a time, the 100-year-old culture, etc...

Stop lying. This isn't McKinsey, BCG, Deloitte, Accenture, etc and it never will be. You sell the program to be of pure strategy consulting when in reality, that is the last way I'd describe it to be. The flashly trip to Orlando with the 10% of people who have positive experiences in the program only leaves us more disappointed when we find out it's all a lie. Stop hiring business majors who have no interested in IT, stop hiring pre-med majors, stop hiring international relations majors and START hiring IT-focused students and only IT-focused students. A supply chain major does not want to work on a software implementation project as a glorified secretary for 9 months. Reevaluate everything about your recruiting strategy. Having a mass exodus of consultants in the 1.5-2.5 year time frame after hiring is wasting money.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!