12051 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great company with excellent brand recognition - IBM.

Former Employee - Delivery Project Executive  in  Costa Mesa, CA
Former Employee - Delivery Project Executive in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to learn and excellent brand recognition.

Cons

No work life balance. Too much focus on utilization and not much career growth.

Stop focusing on utilization and focus on employee morale.

Other Reviews for IBM

IBM

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great opportunities for an IT professional

Cons

Management assumes you will give up vacations/personal time in favor of business needs 100% of the time.

Cheap sweat shop

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility to work from home when necessary, decent benefits.

Cons

I have worked for this company for over 3 years and I have _never_ received a pay increase. I accepted this position shortly after the 2008-2010 america job-pocalypse and took a huge pay cut from consultant position with competitor. They are currently paying me half of what my resume is worth. Working for this company is like living in a pressure cooker the whole time: there are internal agendas set for you to be accomplished through their very disperse and frustrating complicated systems (for all this AI Watson business, they have not even been able to develop their own single sign on system!). They substantially mandate overtime to salaried workers for years at a time through mandating 100% utilization in the Personal Business Commitments and personal reviews are nothing but a game in which managers get together and play toss ups... useless anyway, since IBM always seems to find excuses NOT to pay bonuses or pay increases. It is a sweat shop that more and more employees and customers are fleeing like the plague.

Instead of cleaning up the ranks of the workforce that actually provides the services you sell, try getting rid of all the useless Vice Presidents and leaders management reporting structure. This management structure creates so much "overhead" for the accounts that they can't afford to staff the accounts enough to provide good service to the client.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!