IBM

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Mixed

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Technical power house in computer hardware/software.
Have a big research organization which involved in cutting-edge development.

Cons

No respects and cares for individual.
Too slow for fast-changing business environments.
Business strategy emphasizes only high-margin unit.

12328 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Global Services exists to outsource employees.

Former Employee - Advisory IT Specialist
    Former Employee - Advisory IT Specialist

I worked at IBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Vacation time and decent benefits. There are a lot of good resources on the intranet pages if you learn how to find them.

Cons

No raises-- they place people in a band lower than their current salary and responsibility to make them abouve the midpoint.. and give raises to 20% of the staff at best.

I came to GBS from a deal with a major company. Their goal was to eliminate staff and send the position to India. The daily group discussion concerned the regularly occurring RAs (layoffs). I ended up being the last person in a group of more than 10-- they shifted more and more work with no compensation in pay. Not only that, it was odd having treating former co-workers as "customers". I ended up leaving because of the amount and type of work -- I'm a software developer and didn't want to spend my time filling out forms about function points and training developers in India how to do their job-- that didn't work, anyway, because the staff in India switched to new positions and groups on a regular basis.

Change IBM so that it values employees more. There are a lot of excellent professionals, but the executives don't treat employees with respect.

i worked at ibm full time for more 3.5 years

I worked at IBM full-time

Pros

BM provides employment flexibility, independence and a sharing of knowledge with professional co-workers. As an sap basis package solution consultant, I was able to provide strategic influence over customer technologies. It was a great opportunity to work with different customers.

Cons

With such a big company you can get lost unless you seek opportunities. Bureaucratic much like any big companies

There are newer employer reviews for IBM