IBM

www.ibm.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Great smart people, lots of knowledge to be gained, lacking direction and innovation

Current Employee - Senior Technical Staff Member in Rochester, MN
Current Employee - Senior Technical Staff Member in Rochester, MN

I have been working at IBM

Pros

The people at IBM are second to none in intelligence and problem solving ability. You learn more working here for 5 years than you will at any other company. Lots of ability to know the whole computing industry and define what you want to work on

Cons

Upper management is only concerned about EPS. Thus squeezing most of the innovation out of the company. Most innovation is now accomplished by working extra hours and struggling versus being encouraged and part of the job descriptions. Lots of work as well making charts with pretty colors that executives and management can understand versus doing product cutting edge work.

Turn your company back into an innovation engine that actually matches the projected external image of us being a "smart" company.

13192 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

ADV TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPCL

Current Employee - ADV TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPCL in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - ADV TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPCL in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Benefits are very good. For the most part there is some security in my job.

Cons

Cannot move into any internal positions outside of your local department. C level management more concerned with their pay/bonuses than the welfare of the employees or value for the stock holder. Basically the same as any large company.

I would not waste my time trying to give any advice to management, they would not listen anyway.

Great to gain experience, but hard to go up the rank ladder

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Great benefits, wide range of work opportunities, vast communication throught the GBS Public Sector

Cons

IBM Internal Best Practices not up to par; meaning you're nothing but an employee ID.

Honesty is the best policy

There are newer employer reviews for IBM