IBM

www.ibm.com

Missed opportunitiy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsIBM is, without a doubt a great company and a good employer. The company is huge, it's decision-making slow super slow and the business is run by the spreadsheet masters. Nonetheless, job opportunities are there for the right people who don't mind mind-numbing bureaucracy.

ConsFor people with Silicon Valley DNA - for people who are accustomed to getting things done - its not a good fit. Decsions are made in a vacuum at HQ in New York. They don't get agile, they aspire to be cloud, but severely lack the DNA and relevant infrastructure to make it happen. IBM's CRM system is a custom version of Siebel. What can I say.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo question, it will be difficult to change course and accelerate at the same time. It's a big big ship. My advice: when acquiring west coast cloud companies, leave them alone to retain top talent and IP. Better yet, establish west coast HQ (Connecticut is where great ideas die a slow death), led by experienced startup execs so that agile teams and entrepreneurial people feel compelled to join and stay.

There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!