Work Life Integration???

Current Employee - Client Representative
Current Employee - Client Representative

I have been working at IBM

Pros

IBM is the world's most innovative company and continue to invest heavily in research and development.

Cons

Work never ends. Significant turnover makes it very difficult to develop relationships and coordinate with extended virtual team.

Advice to Management

Need to start investing in ways to establish a sense of community and personal responsibility that has been lost over the past couple years.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to gain experience, but always had to "look over my shoulder"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at IBM

Pros

- IBMers are some of the best people to work with in terms of skill and dedication. I have learned a lot from my colleagues there. - Excellent benefits including a pension (I am not sure if this is still available for new hires).

Cons

- Frequent Resource Actions (RIF) - Always felt pressured to look for a new job within IBM even though my first line manager was a Professional Development Manager or a Resource Manager. Why not help me find a job?

Advice to Management

- The resource actions that have been taken have affected the morale of your employees. I was RA'd in 2009, but I found a new job quickly and have not looked back. Remember these former employees will become employees of companies that will influence the purchase of your products or services --- or they may not.

2. Very positive and fulfilling experience- never expected such a similar one for an intern

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at IBM

Pros

Lots of challenging experiences, you are exposed to management and senior levels -and are given huge responsibilies from day one, the international and fast changing atmosphere is always very demanding but extremely rewarding also

Cons

It is a very huge company so it can result stressfull sometimes in order to get a smooth running -in terms of paperwork

Advice to Management

Go on with the good job! Imo, you should consider to join more junior roles at their career first stages