www.ibm.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Former Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is very good as you can work from home or in office based on your needs. Offers lots of education resources on-line and on-site.

Cons

Constant cost-cutting actions; mentality of employees seen as liability not asset. Continues to layoff excellent employees to get to 2015 road map even though it's no longer viable in this market. The PBC rating system is used to get rid of employees not improve their performance. Once you are rated a "2", you are on the "layoff list".

Get rid of the PBC rating system. It's outdated and no longer relevant. The skew system is not fair as very good employees have their ratings lowered just because it's "their turn".

13225 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Work a million hours, make a million dollars!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people! Leading technology. Plenty of on line resources and training. Enough job specialization that you can find a niche where you do what you love and someone else will do the other stuff. You can make lots of money.

Cons

1st line managers are often geographically remote. For upper management, its all about the numbers; do not expect any personal consideration for unique circumstances. Money follows effort, but it takes lots of effort.

Year after year, we hear about salary increases being tied to a market reference point (midpoint for similar skills). Yet, we advertise that our people are the best. Please don't tell me I can't get a raise because I am above the market reference point, then sell me to a client as some sort of superman!

It's not the employer it used to be

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary
    Decent work life balance
    Competative benefits

Cons

Continued workforce reductions
    Too much of the bonus money goes to top management
    Lack of rewards for the regular employees

Stop looking just short term to the next quarterly dividend. Invest in research & development and your people. Short term decisions are undercutting company stablity.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM