There are newer employer reviews for IBM

If you can get around the "bigness" of IBM, and focus on project and local teams, it is very manageable.

Former Employee - Associate Partner in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Associate Partner in Sacramento, CA

I worked at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The positive about the size is that there are resources for just about anything, and there are compatible groups with which to align.

Cons

The downside of the size is that there is constant change in management, which sometimes contributes to needing to move on to continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Integrate the value of long-term focus into the measurement system; train managers to support IDPs better (more consistently, more frequently than annually), and stop "weathering" recessions and lead the world in generating a 21st century economy that benefits all.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. JUST OK

I have been working at IBM

Pros

BIG COMPANY and all the pros that come with it

Cons

BIG COMPANY and all the cons that come with it

2. Corporate America Policies

Former Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IBM is a recognized name in the IT industry. When people hear it they listen. Everybody still trying to be IBM from old. It just that the old ways have gone out the window. You will have to climb the ladder quickly and bleed big blue. Big blue is your new family now. It is good paying job for management in America, but most other employees are contractors.

Cons

The company outsource to other countries to protect their earnings. I am not bad mouth other countries but when the bottom line means cutting American jobs to save a buck. They should really think how they are hurt America instead of profit. Which they claim they never make all year then at the end seem to pull out for the shareholders.

Advice to Management

Take as you will. We know you bleed blue or you would not have a job. You might want to speak up and hire more Americans not just contractors. I bled blue once too, until my job was outsourced to India. India's employees do not have to pay into our federal government.