IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

If you can get around the "bigness" of IBM, and focus on project and local teams, it is very manageable.

Former Employee - Associate Partner in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Associate Partner in Sacramento, CA

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The positive about the size is that there are resources for just about anything, and there are compatible groups with which to align.

Cons

The downside of the size is that there is constant change in management, which sometimes contributes to needing to move on to continue to grow.

Integrate the value of long-term focus into the measurement system; train managers to support IDPs better (more consistently, more frequently than annually), and stop "weathering" recessions and lead the world in generating a 21st century economy that benefits all.

12160 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

JUST OK

I have been working at IBM

Pros

BIG COMPANY and all the pros that come with it

Cons

BIG COMPANY and all the cons that come with it

The breadth of experience and quality of people in research overshadowed any negatives

Former Employee - Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive in New York, NY

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

During my time at IBM I was able to work with some of the smartest and most passionate people in the industry. IBM commands and audience even when they don't have a market position with their products. I was at the table with CEO's, CIO's, Industry leaders and even heads of state.

Cons

There were several areas within IBM that focused on sales and operational metrics that were not accurate. Several divisions in IBM we so focused on their numbers that they forgot how to provide a real solution that could be implemented without engaging an Non-IBM services partner.

Create a feedback engine within the employee base of over 400,000 that doesn't use a survey metric - but rather collects meaningful feedback in text form - using IBM text analytics to filter and present.

IBM also corrupted the Personal Business Commitments (PBC) process in the 2004 time frame - I would eliminate it and the negative effect it has on the sales and distribution teams. If IBM rebranded PBC's into something more aligned to their original intent for measuring and rewarding top performers they wouldn't have the talent drain they experience today.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM