IBM

www.ibm.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Provide opportunities to acquire skills in different areas through education, on the job training. Great work environment - team work, flexible (promote work from home).
Have many organization with different mission and products provide the opportunity to work with different product sets, and different team culture.

Cons

Since IBM has many divisions with different mission and product sets, the employee will not have an overall understanding of the different organization products and strategy.

Management team especially 1st line didn't have much of the decision making for the compensation for their employees. Need to give the 1st line management team more lead way to compensate their employees.

13186 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Had fun working there, but tough environment

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at IBM

Pros

Variety, lots of new technology, the name, decent benefits. Also, IBM can be a fun environment to work in.

Cons

Matrixed environment can be challenging, below average pay, too much emphasis on forecasting. Also, right now there are a lot of layoffs.

Employees are a valuable part of the company. Please treat them well.

Management is not listening to the workers in the trenches

Current Employee - Senior Managing Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Managing Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Fellow practitioners make IBM a great place to work. The talent is very good and can accomplish anything given the chance.

Cons

The company is being run by accountants. Every year there is something else that is reduced which is affecting morale and productivity. Basic software that my customer has that I can't get. I know many people who buy their own copies of software just to do their job we are asked to do. Education is a big complaint as well. And every employee gets animated when we bring up the subject thanks awards.

Listen to those in the trenches and see what their pain points are. Help us do our job by giving us the tools necessary to be successful. Stop seeing everything as an expenditure to be cut to meet the bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM